Building a Productive & Profitable Culture | Jared Lafitte | Coach | Lafitte Coaching, LLC
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Jared Lafitte. New research is helping to show the extensive effect culture carries over an organization. In this Webinar you'll learn what culture is (and more importantly, what it isn't), how it impacts employee engagement, retention, productivity, and why it's the single greatest determiner of your financial health and market potential.
You'll learn what great organizations do to shape their cultures, and you'll be equipped with thinking and techniques for making your own culture as effective as it can be.
What you learn:
- Define and understanding your culture.
- Bring different departments under one vision.
- Rethink "values".
- Strategize cultural change.
- Understand the link between culture, engagement and productivity.
- Assess your culture's financial and market impact.
How Prosperous Organizations Engage & Empower Conflict | Michael Walker | President and Head Coach | Legendary Coaching
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Michael Walker. Recent global human capital reports identify the need to be more intentional with how we engage organization design to build a culture of team driven collaboration, empowerment and innovation. As leaders it will require us to strengthen, re-engineer and improve our leadership capacities and in particular our conflict resolution and empowerment skills.
One of the most significant detractors to personal and organizational growth is conflict. We have all experienced conflict that is unhealthy, divisive and expensive and unfortunately these experiences have limited our appetite to empower healthy conflict.
With surveys telling us 8 out of 10 leaders have a fear of conflict and 9 out of 10 employees have experienced a conflict that conflict has negatively escalated it would be safe to say conflict is taking many leaders, employees, and organizations to places they don't want to go; in fact holding them hostage.
Even though we know conflict is inevitable and unavoidable, unlike death and taxes,it doesn't have to be fatal and costly! In this webinar we will share with you our proven recipe for engaging and empowering conflict in a prosperous organization.
What you learn:
- How to engage their personal Conflict Management System to strengthen, re-engineer, and improve their organizational leadership and conflict resolution and empowerment.
- How to empower their organizational Conflict Management System to build a culture of collaboration, empowerment, and innovation.
- How to inspire themselves, their teams and their organization to love what they do, love who they do it with and why what they do matters and makes a difference.
Everything you will learn in this webinar is about providing a catalyst for change to get a different outcome. My favorite saying is "Your system is perfectly designed to achieve the results you are getting" which means no amount of want to, hope or effort is going to change the results until we change the system. This webinar will give you your Next Right Step!
Watch Webinar @ How Prosperous Organizations Engage & Empower Conflict
Engaged Employees & Delighted Customers, In One Go | R. Max Behesht | CEO and Founder | R.M.B. Group
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by R. Max Behesht. There is a famous quote saying that life is not about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away, and with Gallup estimating the worldwide rate of engaged employees at a mere 13%, it seems apparent that a majority do not believe such moments could occur during working hours.
Mention Employee Engagement and only a few leaders would not agree with its significance. After all, engagement is not only linked to absenteeism, talent turnover, and productivity, it is also closely tied to the overall Employee Experience, in turn driving Customer Experience, essential for any successful business.
Ask the same leaders about how they approach engagement, and often it is by periodically measuring it, asking HR departments to address the specific problem areas. As important as such projects are, they rarely ask employees to look within, and at their individual situation, interactions, and worries, to truly find action points to greater experiences, excellence, and success. Well, helping them develop a Servicizer Mindset might just do exactly that.
What you learn:
- The fundamentals in developing a servicized mindset; driving individual engagement, performance, and excellence.
- A new approach towards sustainable quality Service, and Customer Experience.
- To work toward a transformative motivation to perform and excel in every day interactions.
- To set the foundation for a new common language between management and employees actively welcoming change, and a continuous improvement culture.
Watch Webinar @ Engaged Employees & Delighted Customers, In One Go
Innovative Solutions for Engaging & Managing the Workforce | Dr. Rick Goodman | Certified Speaking Professional
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Rick Goodman. Human resource professionals in today's world are faced with a multitude of challenges, which include keeping up with trends in the workplace, prioritizing those trends and developing an HR strategy to respond in an effective way that benefits the organization.
As an HR professional and leader, you are at the forefront of change in your organization. You know how important it is to come up with solutions to engage, empower, motivate and connect with a dynamic and ever-changing workforce.
In this interactive and engaging program, you will learn how to engage and connect with your team by becoming a transformational leader. You will discover innovative tools and techniques and the processes that transformational leaders use to inspire, empower and motivate employees to exceed normal levels of performance.
What you learn:
- How human resource professionals can utilize transformational leadership processes to empower and motivate employees to exceed normal levels of performance and productivity.
- Learn specific techniques and transformational leadership tools that will help you create innovative solutions in both your organization and your life.
- HR professionals and leaders will walk away with strategies, tools, techniques and processes that will help them to engage and connect with a dynamic and ever-changing workforce producing amazing results.
Watch Webinar @ Innovative Solutions for Engaging & Managing the Workforce
Team Genius: How to Build Smart Teams | Joe Gerstandt | Advisor
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Joe Gerstandt.
We spend a lot of time and effort finding and identifying talented individuals...but do we understand what makes a talented team? In a time when more and more work is carried out by teams, groups and networks this is a significant question. And the answer might surprise you. While individual talent or ability is always an important consideration, it is today a smaller variable in a much larger equation. When it comes to critical group processes, such as decision making, problem solving, creativity and innovation, individual ability, is a horribly inaccurate predictor of group ability. It turns out that great minds do NOT think alike, and this session looks at the importance of focusing on diversity of thought (or cognitive diversity) in fueling healthy and robust group processes. Teams with diversity (and the willingness and ability to share it) can deliver some real advantages to your organization.
"Group intelligence is not strongly tied to either the average intelligence of the members or the team's smartest member."
Thomas Malone, MIT Center for Collective Intelligence
Groups have some real advantages over individuals when it comes to decision making and problem solving. The problem is, we still do not do groups very well. Our default ways of working together tend to be very wasteful of some incredibly powerful stuff; the diversity of ideas, perspectives and experiences of the people involved. There is a real opportunity for competitive advantage here.
What you learn:
- What makes a team smart?
- Why is it often so difficult for a group of smart individuals to function as a smart team?
- What kinds of practices and tools can be applied toward building and leading a smart team?
The Happiness Sweet Spot for your organisation | Lars Kure Juul Nielsen | HR Executive | ClearSight
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Lars Kure Juul Nielsen. Lars Kure Juul Nielsen will share a framework that help organisations finding and developing a real Competitive Advantage by focussing efforts - and strategy - on:
- Cultivating an organisational culture of Compassion.
- A strong organisational Heartfelt Purpose or WHY.
- Leadership Practice focused on Talent Management & Talent Leadership.
- From a strategic and organisational perspective this framework aims at creating a unique competitive advantage.
This webinar touch on how to work with Business Process Re-engeneering, Best Practice and the right Operating Model for your organisation.T
The Webinar goes beyond well known strategic "quick fixes". By addressing how to find and develop The Happiness Sweet Spot for your organisation.
In a social and society context, this webinar also adresses the role and possible obligation for organisations in creating wellbeing and happiness for individuals and nations.
What you learn:
- Why Business Process Reengineering, Best Practice and Organisational Design is necessary but not sufficient.
- What is real and unique Competitive Advantage.
- From "Innocence to Excellence" - how to assess your organisation.
- Talent Management - What Really Works!
- How to work with The Happiness Sweet Spot for your Organisation.
Watch Webinar @ The Happiness Sweet Spot for your organisation
Secrets to effective culture shaping | Dustin Seale| Managing Director | Senn Delaney
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dustin Seale. What is culture and its impact on performance. Examples of effective culture shaping. Principles of culture shaping. Role of leadership in shaping culture. Culture shaping in the GCC/Saudi Context.
What you learn:
- Deeper understanding of key levers in shaping culture.
- Clarity around leadership's role in culture shaping.
- What will work and what will not work in shaping culture.
- Clarity on the CEO and CHRO roles in culture shaping.
Manufacturing 2day: How to Conquer Functional Blindness | Karin Lindner | Human Performance Specialist | Karico Performance Solutions
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Karin Lindner. Have you ever noticed that people in the manufacturing industry spend a lot of their time and energy focusing on problems? They look for problems all day long and not surprisingly, they get what they are looking for. It seems to me that even new and highly motivated employees are getting worn out by this mindset. Individuals in companies have become so "problem-centric" that they can't see all of the opportunities around them. It is as if they have been blindfolded.
Many organizations seem to suffer from what I call "functional blindness". Things are not really working but the company is still operating well enough to keep going. The challenge is that the employees in most companies are still being managed with the mindset from the industrial age. The shift to the age of the knowledge worker has gone unnoticed by most managers in manufacturing companies because they are so preoccupied in the daily fire-fighting process.
What you learn:
- Explore the Main Reason for Disenchanted Employees.
- Simplify Change Management.
- Discover a New and Refreshing Approach.
Watch Webinar @ Manufacturing 2day: How to Conquer Functional Blindness
How to balance courage and empathy in demanding situations? | Andre Figueiredo Fontes | HR Senior Consultant
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Andre Figueiredo Fontes. To lead is to communicate effectively under pressure". How these critical conversations are conducted largely determines the success of a manager. This webinar will help you understand if you are a more rational or emotional leader and provide you with tools to adapt your approach depending on the context and the type of person you're dealing with.
What you learn:
- Equip managers with a toolkit of practical communication.
- Influencing and motivational skills to deploy in everyday situations with their teams, their superiors, their peers, and their clients.
Watch Webinar @ How to balance courage and empathy in demanding situations?
Pick your brain: Managing better using neuroscience | Karen Phelen | Co-founder | Operating Principals
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Karen Phelen. While the field of neuroscience has flourished in the last decade, bringing with it new insights into how people think, the world of business management has been slow to adopt these findings, and many business managers and advisors still seem to be stuck in the old management models. Using Daniel Kahneman's model of thinking fast and slow, this webinar will cover what we know about human behavior and reasoning and how to incorporate these findings into your management methods.
Starting with a simple model of the two brains, we will discuss how to pick the right "brain" for the task at hand. We will delve into how current methods of strategy development and project planning often suffer from irrational thinking and how to correct these errors. Then we will discuss the tendency to rely on reason and logic to improve "people skills," which are mostly determined by intuition and habit, and show you more instinctive ways to improve leadership, communications, and culture.
What you learn:
- A simple model of System 1 and System 2 thinking.
- What each type of thinking is best at doing.
- How to correct the irrational components of logical methods.
- How to use intuitive methods to improve people skills.
How come every time we try to fix our organization it fails? | Dr. Charles Sanders | Consultant
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Charles Sanders. We live in a business world of constant change, where adaptive organizations are more likely to survive and prosper. However, people generally do not like change. Major organization change initiatives commonly fail, because; many organizations wait too long to recognize the need for and begin change, which tends to cause them to attempt too big a change too fast, and most people tend to resist change. Frequently, organizations give up or attempt another change initiative before the change can really take effect. This webinar will discuss common mistakes in organization change and best practices for more effective and timely change, to include insights into resistance to and motivation for change.
What you learn:
- This webinar will explore the common mistakes and a recommended process for effecting organizational change when needed for business agility.
- The audience will learn how to avoid common mistakes, and better recognize when change is needed, and effectively manage change.
Organisational Learning for Corporate Earning | Prof. John Burgoyne | Professor | University of Lancaster
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Prof. John Burgoyne. This webinar will apply to public and third sector (charities) as well as private sector organisations. For the former target and goal achievement in an economical way will be the outcome in place of earning and profitability in the long term. This applies to organisations of all sizes.
The webinar will describe the central proposition that organisations will survive and thrive of they can become learning organisation. Evidence for this and case examples will be given.
Organisational learning will be described in terms of a core model of how this works and a description of eleven organisational practices that make it happen.
A diagnostic tool to assess to what extent an organisation is learning one will be described together with examples of its use.
This can be used to work out what initiatives should be taken to become a learning organisation. Steps to do this will then be described.
Participants will be given the opportunity to follow this up, via a consultancy arrangement, to run a learning organisation initiative where they work.
What you learn:
- What a learning organisation is.
- What the benefits of being one are.
- How to take an initiative to achieve this.
- How to take this forward as an initiative.
Watch Webinar @ Organisational Learning for Corporate Earning
How to Become Emotionally Intelligent in Six Simple Steps | John Chappelear | Founder & President | Changing the Focus
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by John Chappelear. Emotional Intelligence allows individuals to access their Emotional Clarity, Balance and True Capacity. EQ is one of the important personal and social skills a person can learn. It permits the user to develop a sense of self that is mindful, positive and cognitively connected.
A person having high EQ has a 70% higher chance of personal and social success than someone relying on IQ alone.
And EQ is trainable. We will realize that knowing "what to do" or "how to do", is never as important as knowing, "why to do".
That's where The Daily Six and John Chappelear help with the integration of EQ with IQ.
Why is it today that people think emotions are old fashion and that intellect is all we need?
Today, to achieve high levels of success personally or professionally we need both.
This short webinar will give you an excellent overview of Emotional Intelligence and John's award winning book The Daily Six (available in English and Arabic). And how the two create a link to success.
What you learn:
- Self-awareness: You recognize your own emotions and how they affect your thoughts and behavior, know your strengths and weaknesses, and have self-confidence.
- Self-management: You're able to control impulsive feelings and behaviors, manage your emotions in healthy ways, take initiative, follow through on commitments, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Social awareness: You can understand the emotions, needs, and concerns of other people, pick up on emotional cues, feel comfortable socially, and recognize the power dynamics in a group or organization.
- Relationship management: You know how to develop and maintain good relationships, communicate clearly, inspire and influence others, work well in a team, and manage conflict.
Watch Webinar @ How to Become Emotionally Intelligent in Six Simple Steps
How to develop Resilient Confident Organisations | Doug Strycharczyk | CEO | AQR International
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Doug Strycharczyk.
We've always known that genuine leadership leads to better performance, much better morale, well-being and positive behaviour.
Developing people and organisations has always been challenging, fulfilling, pressured and full of stressors. Especially in the 21st Century. This is where mental toughness matters.
Mental Toughness is an aspect of our personality which determines how we deal with stress and pressure and how we can see change as a source of opportunity to grow and to develop.
The first webinar in the series will look at this important area and will examine briefly:
- What is mental toughness, resilience and optimism?
- How can I assess mental toughness and what it means for businesses?
- Why it is probably the most important aspect of people and organisation development today?
- How can I develop mental toughness and my organisation?
What you learn:
- Understanding mental toughness and why it's important for me.
- How to assess my mental toughness and what it means for my performance.
- How to use this to develop my staff and my organisation.
Each participant will be provided with the opportunity to complete the MTQ48 psychometric measure in full confidence and free of charge.
Watch Webinar @ How to develop Resilient Confident Organisations
Continual Learning Under Constantly Changing Conditions | Dr. Marcia Gail Derrick | Professor | Regent University
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Marcia Gail Derrick. The world in which we live, work, and play has not physically become smaller and yet seems less distant and foreign as we cross borders and boundaries through technology, e-tools, social networking, blogs, and podcasts. The world has become the global backyard for humankind as we learn from one another, collaborate, and communicate for work, socialization, and cultural understanding. However, the challenges are more complex in a world of virtual leadership and learning. We are connected in every aspect of everyday life across the world without regard to distance, time, geography, and language. Although one can certainly observe the efficiency and the effectiveness of technology integration, how learners interact in the current and a future world system will require educators and policy makers to shift to new ways of teaching and to embed contemporary skills, attributes, and qualities into content areas more deliberately than ever before. How learners interact in the current and a future world system will require educators and policy makers to shift to new ways of teaching and to embed contemporary skills, attributes, and qualities such as creativity, curiosity, self-direction, problem solving, and persistence in learning. These considerations in conjunction with the needs, characteristics, and barriers to learning are even more important with learners in the 21st century.
What you learn:
- Understanding the relationship of learning theories with practices associated with teaching and learning.
- Understanding the shifting of emphasis from knowing and remembering to facilitating and enhancing the skills and attributes that sustain lifelong learning.
- Understanding the implications in technology rich learning environment and distance learning settings in facilitating learning.
Watch Webinar @ Continual Learning Under Constantly Changing Conditions
Engaging & Retaining High Potential Employees | Dr. Bob Nelson | President | Nelson Motivation
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Bob Nelson. Organizations have dedicated and invested millions of dollars in identifying and developing High Potential employees (HIPOs) within their workforce. This cream-of-the-crop top talent is often pegged for leadership roles early on in their careers and are the first to participate in innovative leadership development programs. Despite the considerable amount of time and effort companies put into guiding them, studies show that many High Potentials remain unengaged in their work and continue to actively pursue other opportunities. In the last 12 months, 30% of High Potentials have changed jobs, a number that is expected to increase as the economy further improves. Over 50% of executives feel their organizations are ineffective at managing and keeping top talent and 90% of CEOs rank a retention plan for the organization's High Potentials as a top priority for Human Resources.
What you learn:
- The Need to Better Focus on High Potentials.How to Identify Your High Potentials.
- The Current Challenges with this Group of Top Performers.
- Six Strategies to Increase High Potential Engagement.
- A Case Study in Developing High Potentials.
4 Psychology Secrets that Improve Training by 300% | Brett Harward | CEO | Bitesize LLC.
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Brett Harward. Globally, over 300 Billion dollars is spent annually on corporate training that is only about 5-15% effective. Usually, learners must attend classes or login online, pay attention even when they are bored to tears or overwhelmed with content, figure out for themselves the relevance of what they are learning, sort through a fire hose of information, prioritize action steps, remember the content or review notes, implement well after the fact, and follow through and follow up. All of these behaviors run counter to basic human nature. And even though traditional training is only about 10% effective, companies continue making the investment because for most businessesthere is no greater return than improving skills and behaviors of their employees.
There is a better way! By leveraging neurology, psychology, and technology, we can increase training, learning and positive behavior change by an average of 300%. In this webinar, you will learn 4 simple steps to creating outstanding training that will stick. The Bitesize approach to learning and behavior change is backed by research and science. It is attracting large, progressive, global companies who are experiencing huge success as they incorporate it in their training culture. Industries like health care, financial services, and power and oil, are using this methodology to teach and influence both customer and employee behavior in positive ways.
This methodology works with almost any content. It can be used in both formal training settings as well as the small, informal, peer-to-peer settings that occur every day. It applies to both hard and soft skills. Even global thought leaders are converting their content to this format because it is markedly more effective than books, webinars and live workshops in transferring knowledge and shifting people's behaviors. In fact, you will probably instantly change how you and your organization teach and train as a result of attending this webinar.
What you learn:
- Learn what's broken about our current training methods.
- Learn how to format information in a much more absorbable way.
- Learn what is the role of technology in this methodology.
- Have a personal experience of the difference between traditional and Bitesize learning.
Watch Webinar @ 4 Psychology Secrets that Improve Training by 300%
How to Thrive on Change | Elad Levinson | Senior Organization Effectiveness Consultant and Executive Coach | 4128 Associates
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Elad Levinson. Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Magazine and dozens of other sources state unequivocally that stress and change are impacting productivity negatively.
The Economist was quoted as stating that our brains and conditioning are not prepared for the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity of today's business world.
The brain is quite trainable and there are tools and skills from Neuroscience, Social Psychology and Behavioral Economics that every leader must learn to cope and thrive in the 21st century.
Thriving on Change is a comprehensive approach to integrating Emotional Intelligence and Social Intelligence to leadership and executive development.
What you learn:
- Three skill sets for the evolving leader's edge in a turbulent world.
- The fundamentals of self-mastery- why great leaders are emotionally intelligent.
- Focus- how to manage your attention and relaxation for optimal productivity.
- The importance of generating goodwill through an effective conflict method.
Watch Webinar @ How to Thrive on Change
Offering Innovative Professional Development | Dr. Charles Andrew Fritz | Lead Consultant | Educational Leadership International
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Charles Andrew Fritz.
Becoming innovative through professional development is necessary to remain competitive and get the most from your team. This is a session for executives, human resources departments, deans of business schools, professors and instructors. This webinar will explain what meaningful professional development looks like and why it is necessary. Firms, organizations and schools spend large amounts of capital on professional development. We will explore how to best maximize your organization's time and capital when designing effective professional development and disseminating information. Perhaps the people that are on the team can be of great service. If that isn't the case there will be information provided on what elements make professional development successful.
Some of the questions that will be answered are: What is professional development? Who is it for? What do you want to get out of professional development? How will I deliver the development? What is the stakeholder's gain? How can I provide opportunity for individuals on the team to be creative and innovate? Are you tapping people within your organization to deliver information effectively? Are practitioners and professionals taking time to practice self-reflection on their craft and career? The more developed the individual the more resourceful and innovative they become. An organization will most certainly benefit from these individuals.
What will you learn?
- What meaningful professional development looks like.
- Why professional development is necessary.
- How to deliver professional development.
- Self-reflection is necessary so individuals can become more innovative.
Watch Webinar @ Offering Innovative Professional Development
How to overcome the failure of talent management | Prof. David Clutterbuck | Practice Lead | David Clutterbuck Partnership
Seven years of intensive research into both academic studies and practical experience of companies around the world led to a clear conclusion - a large part of standard HR practice in talent management and succession planning provide only an illusion of being effectiveness. In fact, they are often more part of the problem, when it comes to retaining and growing talent, rather than part of the solution. The underlying cause is that HR systems in this area tend to be based on simple, linear systems thinking, whereas the relationship between talented employees and employers is a complex, adaptive system. So attempts to control talent development often result in mis-identification and loss of the most talented people. What's needed are approaches that enable talent to self-identify and seize opportunities as they arise.
What will you learn?
- Why and how "HR bling" (such as nine-box grids or standard appraisal systems) make things worse.
- How the language we use (such as [pipelines and pools) limits our thinking.
- What we can replace them with and/or how we can adapt them to make a positive contribution.
- How companies can shift from controlling to enabling, by focusing on four fundamental conversations with employees.
Come expecting to be challenged, but to leave with lots of practical ideas for revitalising your talent management systems.
Watch Webinar @ How to overcome the failure of talent management