Managing in a Global Environment | Professor Dr. Marie-Therese Claes | Director of Executive MBA | Louvain School of Management
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Professor Dr. Marie-Therese Claes. For the modern day leader, the interdependence of nations and hyper-connectedness of experiences provide a source of great opportunities. Yet, these go hand-in-hand with great challenges, given the immense technological, methodological, social and cultural differences between nations.
It is important for business professionals to be able to embrace the wider world and recognise the value in cultural diversity, however appropriate leadership conduct varies widely across cultures, and in fact there is no one best way of managing in a global environment.
What you learn:
- There is no one best way of managing in a global environment.
- Management styles and practices are diverse.
- How to develop cultural intelligence.
- Cosmopolitanism and identity.
How Great CEO's Create Value: Lessons from Private Equity | Michael McDermott | Founder and CEO | Arcadia Group
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Michael McDermott. Top private equity firms have consistently outperformed most businesses, and any company can adapt best practices to accelerate value creation. This presentation focuses on the activities and leadership competencies of great CEO's, and how leaders may develop themselves further to become great CEO's. These insights come from researching and/or directly working with over 125 companies from a top private equity firm over the past decade, and from over 30 years of experience in the field.CEO's and executive leaders have a huge impact on company performance, and they are most successful when taking a pragmatic and holistic approach as leaders. Regarding a pragmatic approach: we review the importance of prior experience and results-orientation for accelerated growth, and the need to focus on value-creating activities amid numerous priorities competing for attention. Regarding a holistic approach: we discuss the critical importance of self-awareness and self-mastery in leading others effectively, and the importance of addressing multiple levers of the organization concurrently to drive value creation.
What you learn:
- The private equity model for creating accelerated value.
- The activities of great CEO's.
- The leadership competencies of great CEO's.
- How to become a more effective leader and accelerate value for your company.
Discovering the Art & Science of Leadership Thinking | David Creelman, John Cimino | Teaching Assistant Accounting and Finance/Islamic Finance Researcher | Tunisian Ministry of Higher education and scientific research
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by David Creelman, John Cimino.
"Leadership without science is unconvincing. Leadership without art is uninspiring."
-Dr. Henry Mintzberg (paraphrased)
"Man is unique, not because he does science and not because he doe art. But because science and arts equally are expressions of his mind."
-Dr. Jacob Bronowski
Evidence-based practice is transforming medicine, education and clinical psychology. It is transforming management as well. However, there is a problem. The science of management doesn't engage the whole human being, it doesn't spark our passions, fire our imaginations or provide lift-off to our desire to act. For that we need something more visceral, more deeply and directly felt: this is the domain of the arts, that other half of our nature as human beings.
In this webinar we bring together two accomplished educators: David Creelman, a Fellow of the Centre for Evidence-based Management and John Cimino, President and CEO of Creative Leaps International. Together, they point to several practical habits of mind for adding depth and effectiveness to our leadership thinking, engaging both the scientific and artistic aspects of our natures.
What you learn:
- Practical techniques for bringing science to decision making ("evidence-based management").
- How to access the sensory richness and motivating energies of the arts to transform individual thinking, group processes and the spirit of enterprise.
- How to cultivate and combine multiple ways of knowing, calling upon the sciences and the arts equally in our leadership thinking.
How to Lead with Purpose & Radically Transform Your Work | Zach Mercurio | Instructor | Tunisian Ministry of Higher education and scientific research
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Zach Mercurio. Research steadily finds that people who live, lead, and work with purpose live up to 7 years longer, are 42% more likely to experience contentment in life and at work, and are four times more likely to be engaged and productive in their jobs (Gallup, 2013; National Institutes of Health,1998; New York University, 2015).
And organizations and leaders that prioritize, instill, and communicate their purpose regularly demonstrate more profitability and outperform their markets by 6:1 (Deloitte, 2014). And perhaps more importantly, purposeful people and organizations can change the world.
But what is purpose and how do we lead and build organizations around purpose for lasting success?
In this dynamic webinar, Zach focuses on the three key beliefs of purposeful leaders and organizations and will provide participants with strategies to begin making the shift to purposeful leadership. He'll also review case studies of individuals as well as small and large organizations that have made this important shift to respond to the purpose as a new economic driver.
What you learn:
- Learn the science of how purpose inspires personal and organizational success.
- Learn the three research-backed beliefs of purposeful leaders and organizations.
- Learn how to craft a purpose statement that matters.
- Learn critical strategies to begin building organizations and workplaces that are meaningful and purpose-led.
Leading through Pain and Loss | Bonnie Poppe, CPC, SSCC, CLC | Owner | Life's Next Step Coaching
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Bonnie Poppe, CPC, SSCC, CLC. If you have been in leadership for any length of time, you already know that pain and loss are part of the equation. We get the metrics, graphs, and pie charts on our operations and pro forma statements, that reflect where we've been and where we would like to go. What we usually do not discuss is the cost of getting there. I'm not talking about the financial cost even though that will be part of what's discussed, I'm talking about the decisions that are made that effect those that rely on your leadership, which can take the shape of both pain and loss, for you personally and your organization.We will go through examples of individuals and organizations to see how pain and loss have driven transformation, innovation, corporate turnaround and profound direction for one's life. You may recognize these people and organizations; we are going to focus on them from a different angle. The more we understand all that is involved in leadership, the better prepared we can be when situations arise.There will also be time integrated within the webinar to share your own examples of pain and loss; how it affected the way you operate and how it has sparked growth in ways maybe not thought possible before. Many times, pain and loss become the catalyst to bring great change, that not only benefits our organizations, it benefits humanity.
What you learn:
- How pain and loss bring forth transformation.
- How challenges can be a catalyst for improvement.
- How coaching could be valuable in that process.
- How to value the benefits that pain and loss can bring.
Watch Webinar @Leading through Pain and Loss
How to lead wisely in uncertain environments | Pedro Balsa, PMP, MBA | Director | PMO Internacional
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Pedro Balsa, PMP, MBA. Nowadays not only managers but also journalists, all of us are constantly talking about uncertainty and risks. We are constantly bombarded with uncertainty. The political and economic threat in the Eurozone due to Brexit and the opportunity for Madrid to attract assets of the City. The threat of oil low prices for the Gulf Countries.
Since 2001 we have to manage uncertainty. The four models of complexity from a single forecast to total ambiguity will be presented as well as the tools to manage them. The scenery change took place in 2001 based on the model developed in 2005.
We have to use management techniques uncertainty in our personal and professional life. The good news is the environment is complex but the techniques to manage it are not in equal measure.
What you learn:
- Recent history of uncertainty models.
- Dealing with uncertainty.
The complexity models:
- A sufficiently accurate forecast future.
- Several possible alternative scenarios.
- A range of results without a clear dominant one.
- A real ambiguity.
Managing risks in projects:
- Available methodologies.
Saudi Vision 2030: How to Maximise Leadership Opportunities | Prof. William Scott-Jackson | Chairman | Oxford Strategic Consulting
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Prof. William Scott-Jackson. Based on extensive global research and discussions with key individuals, this webinar will demonstrate how to take advantage of the leadership opportunities and demands of Saudi Vision 2030. The Vision and Transformation Plan require the development and deployment of world-class capabilities, particularly for Saudi nationals, in new sectors, industries and job functions. However, particularly for nationals, the most important capability of all is leadership.
Current approaches to leadership development are old-fashioned, complex, costly and time-consuming and, according to most research studies, they are failing to produce good leaders! Saudi Vision 2030 demands a huge increase in leadership capabilities right now. So this webinar will demonstrate a leadership methodology, iLeader, which is fast, cost-effective and simple. iLeader combines modern technology with proven learning concepts, and it can be applied by thought-leading organisations or individuals wanting to understand their teams and practice effective leadership immediately.
The webinar will propose ideas and methodologies that are radically different from current approaches to leadership. So we expect discussion and look forward to debate!
What you learn:
- The key importance of leadership capabilities for the success of Saudi Vision 2030.
- How to build effective leadership capabilities quickly and cost-effectively.
- How to monitor and maximise the engagement and productivity of their teams.
Leadership & Management in the 21st Century | Dr. Frank Harper | Principal Consultant & Trainer | Intelligent Systems Services, LLC
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Frank Harper.
- Do you know the practical and modern world-class leadership behaviors and leading management practices used by the new breed of 21st Century leaders to drive success and achieve greatness?
- Do you know the character traits that are essential to becoming this new breed of leader coined a "Strategic Hustler"?
- Do you know the professional disciplines to becoming a Strategic Hustler?
This webinar will discuss the leadership behaviors of the A.G.I.L.E. L.E.A.D.E.R.S.H.I.P. with a G.R.I.P. framework. Attend to be engaged, inspired, and enlightened.
What you learn:
- Practical and modern world-class leadership behaviors and leading management practices used by the new breed of 21st Century leaders to turn their professional and personal dreams into reality.
- The character traits that are essential to becoming a Strategic Hustler.
- The professional disciplines to becoming a Strategic Hustler.
Watch Webinar @Leadership & Management in the 21st Century
What stops personal growth & organisations succeeding? | Neville Gaunt | CEO and Co-Founder | Mind Fit
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Neville Gaunt. It's an established fact that people that are engaged in their work are more productive and generally happier. However, bi-annual surveys by Gallup show that only 13% of the global workforces are engaged and while there are regional variations this low percentage has been stubbornly fixed around 13% for years.
A quick look at the Gallup's 12 Questions on engagement show how most questions can be directly or indirectly related to leadership. In June 2009 in the Harvard Business Review Jack Zenger and Joseph Folkman published their finding on "The Ten Fatal Flaws That Derail Leaders". They included a lack of energy and enthusiasm, lack of clear vision and direction, resisting new ideas and not learning from mistakes. Has anything really changed today?
With all the knowledge we have on leadership then solving these problems should not be an issue, should it? And yet to date, it has not really happened. We seem to be either skirting over the surface of the problem or trying to unravel leadership in microscopic detail.
Maybe it is time to do something different; to travel in a new direction?
What you learn:
- Discovering the power of a Reality-Driven Leader.
- How to identify Behavioral WasteTM which is a parasite and blocks personal and organisational progress.
- How to engaged people and develop growth mindsets, "Can-Do" attitudes with little Behavioral WasteTM.
- How Leaders and Entrepreneurs reduce their personal, cultural and systemic Behavioral WasteTM through personal focus and effort.
Watch Webinar @ What stops personal growth & organisations succeeding?
ABC of Servant Entrepreneurial Leadership | Prof. Mark M. Michalski | Adjunct Professor | CUA
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Prof. Mark M. Michalski. The key elements of principled, modern leadership have been redesigned and refined over the past two or three decades. We know these principles as well as we know our ABCs. Yet the practice of leadership and its proper performance have been sorely lagging behind the many elaborate and otherwise excellent theories. We live in an age of instant information while experiencing an acute dearth and paucity of wisdom and virtues. We seem to know more and more about the leadership theories and less and less about its practices.
Why such disconnect and seeming paradox?
Do we know too little or too much in order to strike a perfect balance in the art and science of leadership? Could it be that the theories of leadership are very simple but its practice very difficult? Or, perhaps some other reasons might play an important role?
I argue that the answer calls for a virtuous, entrepreneurial and servant leadership. This webinar addresses these three essential and often overlooked qualities that every effective leader must combine, carry out and cultivate daily to remain an effective and excellent leader. Our common wisdom tells us that it is character through which leadership is exercised. Thus leadership comprises both content of character with quality of service in an entrepreneurial practical response to reality.
What you learn:
By adopting the key principles and the strategies outlined you will be in better position to overcome the common obstacles practicing effective leadership:
- Promote Persistence: Build discipline and stamina to ensure continuous learning and growth in entrepreneurial service to others.
- Inspire Commitment: Build insight and motivation so people focus their energy on the objectives and goals that matter most.
- Forge Partnerships and Teamwork: Build trust and understanding so people want to work with you. With trust, everyone becomes willing to hear and act upon the message. With understanding, you will know what matters to others.
- Shape your future by leaving a legacy in the environment you live in. Build organizational support to reward servant values and entrepreneurial initiatives, which are aligned with your overall mission, vision, and values.
Watch Webinar @ ABC of Servant Entrepreneurial Leadership
How to be the best Leader you can be | Doug Strycharczyk | CEO| AQR International
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Doug Strycharczyk. We've always known that genuine leadership leads to better performance, much better morale, well-being and positive behavior. Developing people and organisations has always been challenging, fulfilling, pressured and full of stressors. Is there anything special about leadership in the 21st century? Well .... leadership hasn't changed but the context has. We live in challenging times. Change of all types is happening all around us and is accelerating exponentially. We've always understood that leadership is that quality which enables one person to motivate another to give their best effort. The second webinar in the series will look at this important area and will examine briefly:
- What is the essence of highly effective leadership?
- How can I assess my leadership style?
- How can I be more effective as a leader?
- How can I develop my leadership capability?
What you learn:
- Understanding what is the essence of leadership and what it means for me.
- How to assess my leadership style and what it means for my performance.
- How to use this to develop my staff and my organisation.
Each participant will be provided with the opportunity to complete the ILM72 psychometric measure in full confidence and free of charge.
Balanced and Mindful Leadership | Pamela Thompson | CEO | Creative Life Coaching Inc.
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Pamela Thompson. In general, people are working longer and harder, they are "chained" to technology almost 24/7, rates of absenteeism and sick leave are escalating, and employee engagement and morale are on the decline. Even though many organizations state that they value "collaboration" & "teamwork", many reward individuals over teams.
The old paradigm of working longer and harder to get ahead is no longer working. In fact, productivity starts to decline after a certain number of hours of consistent work. It's time for a new paradigm and new type of leader: a balanced and mindful one.
What you learn:
- Examine leadership lessons learned from over 25 years of consulting and managing in a variety of organizations and cultures in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America, and North America.
- Explore the attributes of a balanced and mindful leader.
- Drill down on one of the leadership lessons and attributes.
- Learn practical strategies to reduce stress, increase collaboration, and increase creativity in your our own life, and within your organization.
How Leaders Engage & Sustain Passion in Their People | Barry Altland | Consultant | Head, Heart & Hands Engagement Collective
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Barry Altland. Each of us is driven by deep-rooted needs, wants and desires. As well, each of us carries a unique set of gifts, knowledge, skills and experiences that accompany our passions. When brought together, this combination creates a one-of-a-kind set of intrinsic drivers that compel us to choose to do what we do, and how we do it.
On the surface, it all seems so overwhelming for a leader to consider as they seek to attain the most and the best from each person on their team. What can a leader do engage and sustain the inherent passion their people bring?
This virtual session seeks to break down leadership into a series of daily, easy-to-implement practices that help leaders to optimize their people and position them to do their best work. The session will introduce and reinforce simple strategies that people leaders are using to deepen the engagement of each unique individual on their team.
What you learn:
- Define Engagement and its importance to organizations that leverage people as their greatest asset.
- Explore the two basic types of motivation, intrinsic and extrinsic, and recognize the inseparable connection the two have to each other.
- Examine a philosophical view of leadership called Otherliness that will serve as a foundation for building daily leader practices.
- Be ready to implement the best practices of offering Feedback and Coaching to team members to sustain their Engagement.
- Identify the obstacles that often stand in the way of leaders' efforts, and recommendations for breaking through the barriers to create and strengthen a culture of Engagement.
Watch Webinar @ How Leaders Engage & Sustain Passion in Their People
5 Ways to Lead From Your Leadership Legacy | Stephen Hobbs | CEO | WELLth Learning Network
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Stephen Hobbs. There is no time like the present to lead from your legacy. Instead of leaving your legacy story for others to voice upon leaving your organization, consider ways to fully express your leadership legacy today.
Legacy is the useful "whats" you gift others so they can learn something from your lived experience. Those "whats" express the "time, effort and money contributions" you've made by taking action, staying active, remaining healthy and giving back.
Personally ... after 40+ years of involvement in people navigation (with at least 30 years to go), I've become profoundly aware of my legacy story. Especially as it links to leading (and managing). As an executive, employee, entrepreneur, volunteer, educator when I've taken responsibility to get the work done, even without assigned authority, I'm sharing my leadership legacy. In doing so I contribute the work people would miss if I'm gone.
Through this webinar take action on the 5 ways you can lead from your leadership legacy. Each is helpful. However, together they are profound. They are simple to enact. Yet, require patience, flexibility and discretion to sustain.
What you learn:
- The four branches of legacy.
- The essentials that are the 4 Ss of leadership legacy.
- The fifth essential that weaves the action thread of the 4 Ss.
- How to action your leadership legacy with heartfelt intention.
Are You a World Class Executive? | Dr. Mansour Javidan | Director | Najafi Global Mindset Institute
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Mansour Javidan. In this webinar, Dr. Mansour Javidan, Director of Najafi Global Mindset Institute will help you answer this question. He will share with you the results of the latest and largest study of over 1000 CEO's and over 5000 senior executives in 24 countries. He will show a comparison of the leadership styles of CEOs who are leading successful firms and those whose firms are falling behind their competitors. He will show the most important leadership styles that distinguish the superior and inferior CEO's most. He will present the seven mission critical leadership qualities that distinguish successful from unsuccessful CEO's. Dr. Javidan will then help you assess your own leadership style and identify actions that will improve your own style.
What you learn:
- The key attributes of world class executive leaders.
- The leadership attributes that distinguish superior executives from inferior executives.
- The false distinction between leadership and management.
- Actions to help improve your own executive leadership style.
Watch Webinar @ Are You a World Class Executive?
How to Develop a Crucial Leadership Skill | Dr. Paul Greasley | Founder and President | Timely Leadership Consulting, LLC
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Paul Greasley. Every action is preceded by a thought. Nothing happens until a thought prompts a person to do something. Critical thinking isan intentional, exploratory mental process that purposes to enhance the practice of thinking so that resultant actions produce more positive results. Critical thinking can be defined as thinking-about-thinking.
Leaders are men and women of action. Often the differences in leadership outcomes can be described in terms of actions or behaviors. Critical thinking skills can be taught and critical thinking proficiencies can be enhanced with proper training.
Good leadership is difficult to define but is apparent and enjoyed when experienced in the workplace. This webinar presents a practical plan for leaders to enhance their critical thinking skills that will enable organizational success.
What you learn:
- Personalize the definition of a leader.
- Define critical thinking as an essential and often over-looked leadership skill.
- Understand and take advantage of the multi-cultural aspects of critical thinking.
- Develop an action plan to enhance critical thinking skills.
Watch Webinar @ How to Develop a Crucial Leadership Skill
How to win and keep the right to be followed | Dr. Jesus A. Sampedro Hidalgo | President | Global Leadership Consulting
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Jesus A. Sampedro Hidalgo. Most leaders are interested in strategizing to develop sustained enthusiasm, loyalty and passion among collaborators; specially minimizing "unwanted relational surprises". Dr. Sampedro will examine how to build and sustain trust in leadership as an effort to bring relevance and effectiveness to the organizational realm in this particular age. Key findings of its trans-cultural, cross-generational and inter-organizational dimensions will be refered to. Built upon recent leadership research, and years of hands-on experience from the field, this presentation lifts up the voice for the urgency to alter the essence and practice of leadership through trust, especially through its key aspects such as: Character, Competence, Connection and Consistency; and asks what its development might offer in terms of improved relational dynamics, organizational effectiveness, and overall sustained relevance.
What you learn:
- Explore trust in leadership and learn how it plays a key role in generating individual passion, team commitment, and organizational cohesion.
- Discover perspectives on how trustworthy leaders build teams and organizations with increased and sustained effectiveness.
- Distinguish key aspects to develop trust such as: Character, Competence, Connection and Consistency.
Watch Webinar @ How to win and keep the right to be followed
How to Become a Leader of Character | Dave Anderson | President | Anderson Leadership Solutions
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dave Anderson. A competent manager may have compliant employees, but a Leader of Character leads a committed team. Great athletes do not become great by reading about their sport. They become great through practice. Likewise, great leaders do not become great Leaders of Character by just reading a book. To be a great leader, a Leader of Character, we must practice.
The Six Habits that Make or Break a Leader can be developed with practice. You have to DO what you want to BE! This seminar lays out the practice plan for developing the six Habits of Character leaders must exercise to become great.
What you learn:
- Differentiate between a manager, a leader and a Leader of Character.
- Identify and define the Six Habits of Character a leader must have.
- Develop a practice plan to develop each of the Habits of Character in yourself and in others.
Watch Webinar @ How to Become a Leader of Character
The Leadership Knowing-Doing Gap?| Carolyn Dare, Mike Smith | Partner, Director | LTS Global
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Carolyn Dare, Mike Smith. The webinar will explore whether leadership development interventions have been missing a vital element - whether they have impact and add value. Learning transfer and its assessment is a fundamental gap in delivering leadership development.
What you learn:
- Why learning transfer is so fundamental.
- What are the factors which affect learning transfer and the ability of people to change their behaviour and increase their performance.
- Where resources need to focus to ensure impact and added value.
- What are the 16 enablers which have been researched over 15 years and validated in 24 countries and make sure that learning is transferred
How To Define And Build Your Next Line Of Leaders | Dr. Mark Villareal | Sr. Vice President | 5 Point Enterprises
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Mark Villareal. Building a business that drives success takes defining and building a winning team of leaders. This Webinar will outline how to define the next line of leaders that share your Mission, Vision and Values. In addition, you will learn the steps to building and developing the leaders you defined that your business will create a legacy of success.
What you learn:
- How to define and select the next line of leaders.
- Management must have a defined process of selecting and building their leaders with a high degree of accuracy.
- How to create and execute that process for successful leadership development.
Watch Webinar @ How To Define And Build Your Next Line Of Leaders