How to Sustainably Improve Organizational Performance | William Powell | Human Flourishing Advocate | The Leadership Advisor
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by William Powell. Most times leadership, culture, and engagement are addressed individually - almost vacuous of one another. Often times the Leadership Development team (or the executive team) owns leadership and has a list of projects or initiatives they manage. Then the Organization Development team, or some other HR center of expertise, will address culture issues or lead a culture transformation project. Finally, HR typically owns the engagement survey data and any action plans associated with it. The problem: these 3 areas rarely collaborate and interface with one another in action, but are intrinsically interdependent by nature.What if you could address all three of them simultaneously in a way that had a positive impact on your organizational performance AND honored the human being at the same time? This Webinar will give you strategic insight into how leadership, culture & engagement naturally fit together. It also explores how you can use these organic relationships to improve organizational performance and honor the human beings that make it all possible.
What you learn:
- Develop a clear understanding of how leadership, culture, and engagement organically fit together.
- Gain insight into how the relational connectors between each of these elements are critical to successful performance in any organization.
- Learn how to apply a framework that improves overall organizational performance AND fosters human flourishing.
Influencing company performance, from the boardroom | Peter Crow CMInstD | Director & Board Advisor | Quarry Group Limited
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Peter Crow CMInstD. Boards and directors have been subjects of much research and public interest over several decades, more so since the succession of high profile company failures over the last 10-15 years. While much knowledge has been assembled, evidence to explain how boards exert influence from the boardroom including over firm performance is only now becoming apparent.
This webinar will explore challenges faced by boards as they seek to add value; the default setting of 'compliance'; and, make practical suggestions to move the board's focus from compliance activities to performance-enhancing activities. A model for effective boardroom contributions will be introduced.
What you learn:
- How to resolve the challenge of exerting influence and adding value from the boardroom.
- What effective boards do and how effective directors behave.
- Practical suggestions to move the board's focus from compliance to performance.
How to improve performance by focusing on strengths | Kathryn Donaldson | Principal Coach & Consultant | Growing Talent
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Kathryn Donaldson. Building on natural talents and developing them into strengths provides the greatest opportunity for growth, engagement and high performance. Did you know that:
- People who use their strengths are six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs.
- People who learn to use their strengths everyday have 7.8% greater productivity.
- People who focus on their strengths are three times as likely to report having an excellent quality of life.
- Teams who focus on their strengths everyday have 12.5% greater productivity.
This webinar is targeted at leaders and individuals who want to learn more about discovering, developing and engaging strengths to unlock potential, and drive individual and team success.
What you learn:
- What strengths based development is, and how it differs to conventional development methods.
- How individuals, teams and organizations benefit.
- The difference between a talent and a strength.
- How to make the shift from talent to strength.
- How to use Strengths Finder to discover talent themes.
- How strength based teams achieve sustained levels of high performance.
- How strengths awareness builds an appreciation of diversity in teams.
- Strategies for managing areas of weakness.
How To Manage Your Team's Performance Effectively | Richard Seaman | Executive Coach | Beacon Leadership Development
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Richard Seaman. Performance Management is crucial to every supervisor's and every organization's success and sustainability. However, most organization's only focus on it once annually. Effective Performance Management should occur daily and be focusing on influencing our employees to engage and perform above expected levels.
Assessing our employees' engagement, and then providing for their needs, training or coaching, our organizational effectiveness will rise and our employees will engage with the organization and the supervisor, improving retention. Improved productivity and retention make sense economically and emotionally.
What you learn:
- Manager's Role in Performance Management.
- Defining Performance Management.
- Positive and Negative.
- Timing (Daily versus Annual).
- Linking Performance Management to Organizational Mission, Vision, Values.
- Performance Management and 4 Generations.
Watch Webinar @ How To Manage Your Team's Performance Effectively
How to build a high performing values-driven organisation | Richard Barrett | Founder and Chairman | Barrett Values Centre
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Richard Barrett. Cultural capital is the new frontier of competitive advantage. Who you are and what you stand for is just as important as the quality of the products or services you provide. The culture of an organization is a reflection of the leadership consciousness. Therefore, organizational transformation begins with the personal transformation of the leaders.
Based on his experiences of working with organisations all over the world, Richard Barrett will talk about how to build a high performance organisation by leading through values. Becoming a successful leader-someone who is able to build a long-lasting, high-performing team, organisation or community-is not about what you do, although that is important, it is about how you do what you do-it is about living your deeply held values. Values lie at the heart of human decision-making. They are the energetic drivers of our aspirations and intentions. In both private and public sectors, the key to building a successful organization is to create a vision-guided, values-driven culture; one that creates employee engagement, customer loyalty and societal goodwill. Because values-driven organizations focus on the needs of all their stake holders they generate higher earnings than other organizations.
What you learn:
- How to create a values-driven culture.
- The link between culture and performance.
- Three mantras of organisational performance.
- The seven stages of organisational development.
- What truly motivates employees?
- Measuring culture by mapping values.
- How to measure cultural entropy (organisational dysfunction)?
- How does cultural entropy arise?
- How to measure the personal entropy of leaders?
- Examples of organisations that have created values-driven cultures.
Watch Webinar @ How to build a high performing values-driven organisation
Driving Business Success through Performance Management | Dr. Jason Brooks | Managing Partner | The Catalyst Group
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Dr. Jason Brooks. In today's competitive business environment, driving career success is more important than ever. Leaders who want their teams and organizations to be the best need to put intentional focus on creating the path for daily improving of employee performance to achieve even greater results. This is what performance management is all about.
Performance management is using leadership to drive the process of setting individual business expectations, measuring work behaviors and results, and providing feedback to individuals in order to maintain and improve performance. It is no longer good enough to take back seat to driving career and business success. It won't happen by accident but instead requires a clear understanding of the importance of performance management and the daily disciplines make employee development a key part of the employee life cycle.
What you learn:
Through this high-value, practical and immediately applicable webinar, participants will learn:
- What performance management is and why it is so critically important to individual and organizational success.
- The Three Phases of Performance Management.
- The top tips for providing great performance feedback and keys to giving difficult feedback in a positive way.
- A best practice approach to a year-long performance management program.
Watch Webinar @ Driving Business Success through Performance Management
Learn to develop Peak Performance Habits | Lorenzo Paoli | The Habits Coach | Novaxia
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Lorenzo Paoli. This webinar focuses on the formation of peak performance habits and strategies to become a natural peak performer in your field.
In a world where goal-setting rules as the leading strategy for business and personal matters, organizations are now understanding that goal-setting has great limitations.
In a complex, ever-changing world, the ability to recognize, create and change powerful habits makes all the difference, as habits multiply and expand positive - or negative - results, creating an "avalanche effect" and leading to cumulative advantage or disadvantage that sets us apart from the market.
Leaders in any field have powerful habits that multiply great results, making them seemingly unstoppable. Like sports champions, they have developed mental, emotional and performance habits that make what seems difficult, a natural part of their routine.
This webinar shows the construction of powerful habits that will bring you to another level of performance.
What you learn:
- How to form powerful habits to become the leader in your field.
- How to change ineffective habits.
- The most important mental, emotional and behavioural habits for a peak performer.
- How to de-construct and re-construct task-specific powerful habits for new challenges.
- How to make peak performance natural and sustainable.
Watch Webinar @ Learn to develop Peak Performance Habits
How to Get Results Without Losing Your Soul In the Process | David Dye | President | Trailblaze, Inc.
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by David Dye. Today's leaders face a hyper-competitive environment sandwiched between business realities and the needs of the people they supervise. Without the tools to win well, leaders too often become isolated, frustrated and burnout - in short, they lose their soul.
In this inspiring Webinar, business leaders learn how to win well - that is, to sustain excellent performance over time. In order to do that they need energized, motivated people all working together. In this Webinar, your members receive motivating, yet practical tools, tips, and techniques they can use to win well without losing their soul or mind in the process.
What you learn:
- The two practices every business leader can do to sustain excellent results over time.
- How to keep your team focused on what matters most for your business.
- How to nearly double your team's productivity.
- How to work with human nature, not against it, for better results and fewer headaches.
- How to use data to drive. not drown, your team.
- How to energize, motivate, and keep employees focused.
Watch Webinar @ How to Get Results Without Losing Your Soul In the Process
How To Create a Culture of Buy-In and Belief | Chester Elton | Co-Founder | The Culture Works
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Chester Elton. The authors of the New York Times bestsellers The Carrot Principle and All In present ground breaking new findings: today's high-performance organizations have a distinctive kind of culture that leads to astonishing results. Teaming up with research giant Towers Watson, authors Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton present an unprecedented 300,000-person study conducted in the worst of the recession. Based on this breakthrough research and their extensive consulting experience with a who's-who of successful companies, they present a simple seven-step road map that all managers can follow to create a high-achieving culture in their own teams. With the most current data available on culture, the authors offer specific how-tos for each step, and tell fascinating stories of leaders in action that vividly depict just how these powerful methods can be implemented.
What you learn:
- The 3 research-based characteristics of the world's most profitable, productive organizational and team cultures.
- The 7 steps today's most successful managers use to generate buy-in.
- How managers at any level can build a productive work group culture of their own where employees commit to the culture and give that extra push of effort.
Watch Webinar @ How To Create a Culture of Buy-In and Belief
'How to Manage for Best Triple Bottom Line Performance | Peter Burgess | Founder CEO | TrueValueMetrics
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Peter Burgess.
In this webinar, any and all issues in our global economy will be in play. The bad news is that there are some important problems that need to be addressed. The good news is that there is amazing technology and a growing number of major organizations that are starting to use their management and operational capacity to implement changes that will make the world a better place.
While much of the academic teaching about management has a singular focus on the profit dimension of business, in practice management is more complicated. Typical corporate management accounting and systems are inward looking but this is not going to sufficient for success in the future.
Successful big business organizations have to find ways to optimize performance to suit the 21st Century. This requires some radical rethinking about the metrics of management. A start is to manage to optimize the Triple bottom Line ... Profit / People / Planet ... and the TrueValueMetrics.org initiative to design and deploy Multi Dimension Impact Accounting (MDIA) is a foundation for these new metrics.
What will you learn?
- Why: Global economic dysfunction does not reflect the amazing possibilities that are enabled by modern technology;
- What: The challenge is to optimize performance to suit the 21st Century. This requires some radical rethinking of the metrics of management;
- How: The Triple bottom Line ... Profit / People / Planet ... is a start in this direction and the TrueValueMetric.org initiative is both radical and practical.
Watch Webinar @ How to Manage for Best Triple Bottom Line Performance
Balanced Scorecard Best Practices | Mr. Roberto Wyszkowski | Founding Partner | ShiftIN Partners
Mr. Wyszkowski in his presentation at ‘Balanced Scorecard Forum Madinah 2015’ highlighted the challenges and opportunities of Strategy Execution, the state of strategy execution in GCC and the approach of ShiftIN Partners to strategy execution. Their approach is conducted based on the 4As model – Awakening; Ability; Achievement and Accountability.
Leading Trends in Strategy Management | Mr. Abdelrahman Arkawi | Principal | Palladium KSA
This presentation identifies trends in Strategy Management and its aspects of Leadership, Execution and Innovation. This was presented in ‘Balanced Scorecard Forum Madinah 2015’ by Mr. Abdelrahman Arkawi, Principal, Palladium KSA.
ARASCO’s BSC Journey towards Food and Water Security | Mr. Abdulaziz Aldharrab | Director Strategy Management | ARASCO Group
During Balanced Scorecard Forum Madinah 2015, Mr. Abdulaziz Aldharrab shared the ARASCO’s journey in implementing the balanced scorecard framework. ARASCO was founded in 1983 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with a noble mission of contributing to the food security in the Kingdom without endangering water security. ARASCO’s Balanced Scorecard journey began in 2006 – Though ARASCO was growing,
the management believed that there was a hidden potential in ARASCO that could be taped if they become a Strategy focused organization. This presentation explains their transformation program in detail and the issues they encountered and overcame during this journey.
Key Performance Indicators Development Workshop | Dr. Rachad Baroudi | Strategy Advisory Director – MENA | Ernst & Young
The Key Performance Indicators Development Workshop was delivered by Dr. Richard Baroudi, Strategy Advisory Director for Ernst and Young – MENA Region. The workshop is divided into three distinct parts that are as under:
• Performance Management:
In this section, Mr. Baroudi talks about various aspects of a business which help you manage and measure performance effectively. He also illustrates a sample performance management framework in addition with explaining how to set targets and smart objectives.
• KPI Management:
In second sections of the workshop, the speaker explains in detail what Key Performance Indicators are, why people fear them and how to set good yet achievable KPIs. He also elucidates a KPI cycle and various KPI types.
In this particular section, Mr. Baroudi highlights the importance of aligning strategic development and implementation with the organization’s goals and targets. He also numbers the disadvantages of poor alignment as well as different types of strategic alignment processes.
Strategy execution using the BSC in a family owned business | Eng. Khalid A. Abunayyan | President and CEO | Abunayyan Holding, Riyadh, KSA
Eng. Khalid A. Abunayyan delivered a speech on ‘Strategy execution using the BSC in a family owned business’ in Balanced Scorecard Forum 2015 in Madinah, KSA. He explained about the business of Abunayyan Holding, the timeline since 1950 to 2014 and how they execute Balanced Scorecard Strategy for their family business. He explained the success story of Abunayyan Holding, their focus and processes before and after 2009 when they adopted Balanced Scorecard and the difficulties they faced during transformation.
Eng. Abunayyan in his presentation further described aligning the strategy, cascading the BSC and the role of strategy facilitators. In the end, he elucidated Improvement Review Framework and Critical Success Factors.
Introduction to the Association for Strategic Planning and its Strategy Certification Programs and Body of Knowledge | Dr. Ahmed Samy | Board Director & Chair International Committee | Association for Strategic Planning
Founded in 1999, Association for Strategic Planning (ASP) is a Not-for-profit professional membership
based association dedicated to advancing thought and practice in strategy. This presentation explains the ASP’s Structure and Memberships, its offerings and benefits and Certification Programs. It further elaborates the schedule of ASP Global Webinars, Certification process and criteria and Annual Conference.
The presentation was delivered by Dr. Ahmed Samy during the ‘Balanced Scorecard Forum 2015’ in Madinah, KSA.