Do You Know & Use Appreciative Capacity Building?
Do You Know & Use Appreciative Capacity Building? | Prof. Tom Klaus | Principal and Senior Consultant | Tom Klaus & Associates
This document is the soft copy of the presentation by Prof. Tom Klaus. The greatest asset of any organization is its people. One of the greatest challenges faced by any organizational leader is managing people in a way that builds their capacity to achieve high performance and success. Appreciative Capacity Building is a positive approach leaders can use to build on the strengths, abilities, assets, and potential they see in their people. Appreciative Capacity Building is a "strengths based approach" that focuses on what is already being successful and working well, rather than on what is failing or what is "broken." Dialogue on leveraging strengths to address issues takes the place of merely diagnosing problems. Together leaders and their teams make actions for doing more of what is already working well for them, tapping the prior success to unleash further innovation. In this webinar you will learn how Appreciative Capacity Building can work for you.
What you learn:
As a result of participating in this webinar you will be able to:
- Describe how Appreciative Capacity Building is different from other forms of capacity building.
- Describe the three steps to becoming an appreciative capacity builder.
- Describe and utilize a simple SOAR or SOARt assessment.
- Use strengths-focused dialogue inquiries.
- Explain why Appreciative Capacity Building often works.
Watch Webinar @Do You Know & Use Appreciative Capacity Building?