About Me

Basic Information

About me
I am a dedicated Organizational Management and risk culture strategist, a people risk mitigation expert who is passionate about organizational capacity building and development of talent. I have a global personal contact network of banking and risk management professionals and excellent working relationships with international regulatory bodies and NGOs. I am a regular speaker at International Conferences and trainer in Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk Management Culture in the Middle East and Africa. A Writer, blogger and risk management course developer and trainer.
Horst Simon

Horst Simon

Current Status: What makes you successful at Risk Management is an effective Risk Culture, not the size of the Department, Risk Register or Risk Report. If I was a CRO my main objective would be to work myself out of a job, the point where each executive really owns their risks, manages them and not just reports on them, but is ready to discuss their response to them at any point in time.
- 2 months ago
  • Last online
  • 2 weeks ago
  • Profile views
  • friends.connect 47 days ago
  • What makes you successful at Risk Management is an effective Risk Culture, not the size of the Department, Risk Register or Risk Report. If I was a CRO my main objective would be to work myself out of a job, the point where each executive really owns their risks, manages them and not just reports on them, but is ready to discuss their response to them at any point in time.
    profile 47 days ago
  • Where did it all go wrong with risk management?

I think it all went wrong from the beginning; calling the risk practitioners "risk managers" creating the perception that they manage the risk, including the perception that the CRO is responsible for risk "management"
    profile 164 days ago
  • If you are focusing on the past, you run the risk of a fatal collision with the future. How do you build a "forward-looking" risk culture?
    profile 565 days ago
  • An effective Risk management Culture is not a matter of Assessment or Compliance, it is a matter of CONVICTION-- your employees doing things right because they WANT to, not because they HAVE to. How will you address this in your organisation?
    profile 857 days ago
  • friends.connect 871 days ago
  • friends.connect 965 days ago
  • friends.connect 990 days ago
  • friends.connect 991 days ago
  • friends.connect 992 days ago